Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pentester101  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:21:09 AM(UTC)
pentester101

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have an Igloo FR834 mini fridge which is no longer cooling the refrigerator or freezer. I removed the relay and disassembled it and there were no burnt parts or anything on the ceramic disk. However when I removed the overload protector and disassembled there was black soot inside. I cleaned it and reassembled, but the fridge is still not cooling.

When the compressor is running it will get extremely hot, so hot that it started to melt the plastic covering over the copper tubing and also started to discolor the labels on the compressor itself (my guess is the over heating compressor caused the overload protector to burn?). I have tried it on and off for the past couple weeks and nothing changes. It has been unplugged now for about a week. I think that the problem is with the compressor but am not sure.

I was wondering if any of the experts on here might have some idea as to what the issue is and what I might be able to do to remediate the issue.

If you need any more information just let me know.

Thanks!

Info:
Igloo 3.4 Cubic In Mini Fridge and Freezer
Model: FR834
Compressor Model: QD35H11G
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.