Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
keyserp21  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:16:36 AM(UTC)
keyserp21

Groups: Registered

I have this gas stove and lost the conversion instructions. I did convert the regulator and the top burners but I can't seem to get the oven or the broiler flames down. I have yellow flames at least six inches above the bottom of the oven. Can anyone help me with this please. I am racking my brain.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

KULTULZ  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2014 10:02:11 PM(UTC)
KULTULZ

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: keyserp21 Go to Quoted Post

I have this gas stove and lost the conversion instructions. I did convert the regulator and the top burners but I can't seem to get the oven or the broiler flames down. I have yellow flames at least six inches above the bottom of the oven.

Can anyone help me with this please. I am racking my brain.

This is a little late but may help someone else-

Quote:
One detail that's commonly overlooked on these is the simmer settings. Each top burner valve has a small screw inside its shaft that can be adjusted to provide a low simmer. This adjustment must be made on each burner once the range has been converted, or 'simmer' settings will be far too high to be useful.

A small-bladed screwdriver is needed for most of these. If you can't find one small enough, it's possible to grind one down to fit. I've noticed some of the most recent ranges are using a larger screw that's a lot easier to access, and that's a welcome change.

That should help get you through the top burner conversion. Not as hard as it sounds, and stay with us -the rest is much easier.

First convert the regulator. This is the part to which the inlet connects. Remove the vent cap, flip the insert over and reinsert it (You'll usually see 'NAT' on one side and 'LP' on the other). Reinstall the cap, and that's done.

Then, find the brass orifice that supplies the bake burner (usually under the range, behind the drawer), and if included, the broil burner (usually inside the oven). These are adjustable, and, like adjustable top burners, are simply 'snugged' down clockwise with a 1/2 inch wrench.

Then turn the oven on, keeping in mind that it may take up to 2 minutes for ignition to occur. Watch the burner flame. If, after burning for a minute or so, it pulls noisily away from the burner, it's getting too much primary air. Simply loosen the screw on the air shutter, where you just turned down the orifice, and close this shutter down a bit to reduce air into the mixture. If the flame is yellow-tipped and appears 'soft' (you'll know if you see it), open the shutter a bit to increase air into the mix. This adjustment isn't critical, and will rarely have to be done. But you should now about it. Again, the instructions should mention this.

Also, instructions for the conversion(s) should be easily found at the manufacturers' website.