Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sterlingp  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:30:52 AM(UTC)
sterlingp

Groups: Registered

My mother was cooking on the stove and the grease caught fire and burned the panel underneath the microwave. She said she heard a popping sound and now the exhaust fan and the surface lights are inoperable. I tried replacing the two light bulbs for the surface light, thinking this would solve the problem, but the fan and lights are still not working. The microwave itself is still working fine, I just can't figure out why the other problems exist. Is there a fuse that may need replacing on this model or did she possible cause something to overheat and burn out. I would like to try to repair this myself without having to call out a technician or replace the microwave. Could someone please help?!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:34:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The surface lights and the exhaust fan are operated by the microwave control board. Remove the bottom panel and inspect the wires to the surface lights and the turntable motor. If they got damaged by the fire and/or excessive heat then the microwave control board damaged by the short in the wires. The control board can be also damaged by the fire or heat.

- The control board Part number: AP3206059
Part number: AP3206059

Here are the breakdown diagrams and replacement parts for the GE microwave Model JVM1630WB007

Gene.
sterlingp  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:43:12 AM(UTC)
sterlingp

Groups: Registered

Thank you Gene!!! I will try this fix and let you know what happens... I aprreciate your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply