Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kb4bill  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 12:58:12 PM(UTC)
kb4bill

Groups: Registered

PHEW! Everyone says this is easy, they lied. I have some of the washer apart! Took off the back panel to find the motor and pump in the front, so I took off the cabinet surrounding the tub. Got the pump and hoses off (then I find out that MAYBE I did not have to take the hoses off. Took off the motor and found a worn coupling assembly so I will replace that. BUT, I also found a broken rubber belt up above the transmission??? I do not know where it came from. It was sticking out and I pulled it the rest of the way. I have since been studying diagrams online and can not seem to find a part that makes sense as a replacement. Now I have started taking the agitator apart. Boy is it ever interesting. Someone has been into it before or dropped extra screws while building it the first time. It had 2 extra screws just laying down inside the mechanism. I now see that I must go down to the barn and get more tools to continue. I am not sure when I started this ordeal but it has not been a 2 hour job. I must say, IF I can get this thing fixed and put back together where it works again, I will feel like I have accomplished something!
Any ideas as to the rubber ring...it really looks like a belt (like the kind in a car, same material) but I just don't know where a belt would be on a direct drive??? Oh, and the belt had kind of a weird shape, kind of like it had been made to sit on top of a pipe or a part that sat higher so it had a little rise on two opposite sides. I wish I could draw it so that would make more sense. As you can tell I am certainly no mechanic so any help would be great.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.