Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bucky6563  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:16:17 PM(UTC)
Bucky6563

Groups: Registered

I don't have any books that came with the washer and I need to know how to check if my door latch is good or if my speed control board is good. My clothes started to come out wet. During checking this out I found one shock broke I replaced both shocks. I ran a load of clothes and noticed that it ran fine till it was supposed to go into the high speed spin. It just stopped but the cycle kept going and when it reached the end it ran in low speed both directions. The water was pumped out like it should be but the clothes were still soacked. After looking at similar post I see I need to check the door lacth first although the light was lit saying it was lock the whole time. The speed control board and the control module next but I don't know what readings I should get or what terminals to check.

Thank you for your help

Gary Buckholdt
Email bucky6563@yahoo.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:14:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Garry,

You have to measure the wax motor (the brown piece on the right side of the following picture) resistance. The normal reading should be close to 1500 Ohms. If the reading is incorrect, replace the door latch.

- The door lock assembly Part number: 131763202
Bucky6563  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:02:14 PM(UTC)
Bucky6563

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Garry,

You have to measure the wax motor (the brown piece on the right side of the following picture) resistance. The normal reading should be close to 1500 Ohms. If the reading is incorrect, replace the door latch.

- The door lock assembly Part number: 131763202

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the information on the wax motor on the door latch. What signal does the speed control motor look for when it goes into fast spin. Is it a voltage or what. If the wax motor is about 1500 ohms is there anything in need to check on the speed control board? I am going to check it now and I will let you know how it turns out.
Thank you again for your help.

Gary
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:36:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Gary,

Check the door lock first. If the reading is correct then use the attached flowchart.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Drive motor tumbles but does not spin.doc (93kb) downloaded 202 time(s).
Bucky6563  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:09:04 AM(UTC)
Bucky6563

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Gary,

Check the door lock first. If the reading is correct then use the attached flowchart.

Gene.

Gene,

I was just able to check everything out and I found that the wax motor is broke in two peaces. It looks like the drum slamed into it when the shock was busted. I was wandering if you have a part number for the wax motor. my door lach is good and if I can by wax motor I can replace it. I worked electronics repair in the Air Force before I was medicaly retired. The whole assembly comes apart very easy and the wax motor is very easy to replace. I was looking at it and when the cycle reaches the point to engage the high speed spin 120 volts is applied to the wax motor and then extends the bar on the other end which closes the contacts completing the circuit to either switch 2 or 3.

Thank you for your help

Gary
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:58:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Gary,

Unfortunately Frigidaire does not sell the wax motor separate.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply