Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Waldemar  
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 2:55:33 PM(UTC)
Waldemar

Groups: Registered

Hello, I could exchange the valve assembly with another (same brand and model) from a refrigerator that have a water dispenser working OK. The result was that the water did not came out. I notice that the switch on the front door that give the signal to the valve to open does not work. On the good unit, you can feel when the switch is depressed, on my unit you can not feel it, so I am guessing that it is broken.
That switch goes on the front door, above the small light and on the top part of the water level that you press to get water.
--->>> Do you know if that part is interchangeable?
--->>> How do I disassemble the front part where the water and ice dispenser is?
Thanks a lot for your help,
Waldemar
MayTech  
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:55:13 PM(UTC)
MayTech

If you're not hearing the switch engage then the pins that hold the switch in place have probably broken...

The bracket is AP2988571 You'll just have to remove the front panel to get access to the bracket. The front panel of the dispenser snaps into place, you have to remove the drip tray and then pull down and out on the bottom skinny piece until it snaps free, this is kind of tricky since it feels like you're about to break the panel but it should pop off. I'd check this before ordering the bracket.

Good luck let us know how it goes.
KYHighlander  
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:51:14 AM(UTC)
KYHighlander

I have the same problem here. My model number is ED22RFXB01 what part number will I need for the valve? Same one?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply