Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ergmeister  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 11:52:27 AM(UTC)
ergmeister

Groups: Registered

The machine won't start, just beeps and blinks at me. Found a service manual listed for this Duet dryer model on internet search, but once I downloaded it, it really is for a GGW9200L, which apparently is different enough, because when I enter the diagnostic mode, my machine displays 69 and there is no reference to that number in that manual. It says I should be seeing 88. Anyone know what this means?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ergmeister  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 5:51:15 PM(UTC)
ergmeister

Groups: Registered

OK, I solved the problem. First, the service manual is inside the machine! Wow, that is nice. I removed the top panel by removing the top screws in the back of the machine, slide the top piece back an inch, and lift it off. The service instructions are located in a holder on the right side of the machine under the lid! As for the code 69 (with is really supposed to mean g9 I think), that is indicative of the door being open. Basically, any number sequence other than 88 means the door is open. E codes are different problems. After playing with the door switch, I got it to function, but I clearly need to order a new one. This was really simple. Good luck all.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply