Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ruben Lucero  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 6, 2007 4:11:19 PM(UTC)
Ruben Lucero

Groups: Registered

I stil keep getting an F31 code on my range i replaced the STD probe I have checked the wire all wires are good no shorts is it possible the EOC is bad if so how would i check it for that
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2007 3:02:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Ruben Lucero
In what mode of the range the "F31" error code appearers on the display: any kind of cook mode (bake or broil) or just time of the day mode?
If it shown only in cook mode then disconnect the sensor plug from the control board and check the resistance. At the room temperature is suppose to be about 1100 Ohms. If the resistance is wrong unplug the sensor from it's plug and check the resistance at the sensor itself. If it's wrong then you got the defective sensor. Return it for exchange.
If you have the right resistance at the sensor but the resistance at the control board is wrong then the problem is the wires. You do not need the whole harness, just two wires (unless the problem is not the plug).
If all of the above is fine or the error code shown in the time of the day mode then the control board has to be replaced.
The part number for the control board is AP3778770 You can remove the overlay from the old one or you can the new one. The part number for the black overlay is AP3778486
Good luck.
Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply