Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JEB735  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 11:41:02 AM(UTC)
JEB735

Groups: Registered

My washer fills, heats and has great pressure on all racks and arms in the pre-wash cycle.

Then it drains before wash cycle. The detergent cup opens but the machine doesn't fill with water again.

The heating element comes on and bakes the dishes and detergent since there is no water in the tub.

Then, when the Rinse cycle comes up, the machine fills with water and has great pressure. It finishes the rinse cycle then heat dries the dishes if selected.

However, the dishes get so baked during the wash cycle when there is no water or detergent that baked on food needs to be scraped off and washed by hand.

I've replaced the water valve assembly thinking it might be stuck but it did not help.

Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 3:23:16 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric GSD3220F00BB Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Your problem is very strange.

Remove the kick plate and watch the wash/drain solenoid (Item 497 in Section 3). Up is the wash position when down it is in the drain position.
The flapper valve it is connected to directs the water either up to the wash arms or out the drain.
I think but am not sure that these units do a short drain just before the first fill and then the solenoid goes to the wash position and it fills.

They way it is supposed to work is that the timer powers the solenoid for a few seconds at the start of a drain cycle. This puts the flapper in the drain position and the water pressure holds it there until the unit is empty. Then the springs pull the flapper back to the wash position and the unit fills and washes.

Sometimes the timers mess up and power the solenoid for too long. It then overheats and melts the plastic inside the solenoid causing it to stick. Try manually pushing the solenoid plunger down. There will be some resistance but it should pop back up as soon as you release it.
This is a bit of a long shot because I would have thought that it would also stick before the rinse.

Check if the solenoid is being powered (120 volts) when in wash. If yes I would say it is a timer problem.

Hopefully someone else who has actually seen this problem will jump in.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
JEB735  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 3:49:56 AM(UTC)
JEB735

Thank you. I will check the solenoid and report back.
nitemare  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:58:45 PM(UTC)
nitemare

I have the exact same problem with my GE dishwasher GSD11750x70. This problem arose after I replaced the pump/motor. The solenoid (or something else) buzzes when it probably should not.

Did you solve it? Please help, thank you !
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply