Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Laine  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 7:20:10 AM(UTC)
Laine

Groups: Registered

The washer will not drain completely, it leaves almost half of the water after the spin cycles and then when it should stop at the end of the cycle, it continued to the next cycle. Is there a way to reset it or can this be fixed inexpensively. Is it time for a new set? Thank you in advance for your help..

Laine
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 7:55:34 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: Laine Go to Quoted Post
The washer will not drain completely, it leaves almost half of the water after the spin cycles and then when it should stop at the end of the cycle, it continued to the next cycle. Is there a way to reset it or can this be fixed inexpensively. Is it time for a new set? Thank you in advance for your help..

Laine

I would start with removing the front panel of the washer and see if you see anything stuck in the pump, which is somewhat clear in appearance. From there, there is a hose that goes from the pump up to the tub and those machines were notorious for getting a small article of clothing stuck in them or even a coin that came out of an article of clothing.

Far as a new set, I would hang on to those if I were you, if they're in good shape. They were very good machines. It's when a Maytag was a real Maytag.
Laine  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 8:22:38 AM(UTC)
Laine

Thanks for your response, we bought the set used about 6-7 years ago, so we do not have a manual. We are not sure how to remove the front panel safely. Can you direct us to a website for instruction or can you explain how to do this. We tried to download a manual at the Maytag site , and there was not one available. Once the panel is off how would we remove an object that might be stuck? Do we need to drain the tub full of water first? These have been a reliable set til now, I do hope we can fix them.

Thanks again, Laine
Laine  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 9:01:14 AM(UTC)
Laine

helllllooooo, is anybody out there? Just waiting for a response please reply, we are on our way out of town and needed a response before we leave. Thanks
Frank / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 9:15:16 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: Laine Go to Quoted Post
helllllooooo, is anybody out there? Just waiting for a response please reply, we are on our way out of town and needed a response before we leave. Thanks

Yes we're here, along with hundreds of other questions.

Can not provide a manual for you. There are two screws down at the bottom of the front panel a couple of inches up from the floor. You won't see them unless you get on your hands and knees to look. They are in the indented area, angled up. Remove them and the bottom will swing up and out and release from the top. You will see the pump in the right front corner and the hose I spoke of is obvious. When you remove the hose water is going to go everywhere, so you will probably want to bail/scoop/etc., whatever water out you can before removing the hose.

Also make make sure the pump pulley underneath the machine turns freely.
bardo99  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2010 1:44:25 PM(UTC)
bardo99

My washer isn't draining properly. I took apart the front and found a sock lodged in the pump. I put it all back together but it didn't solve the problem. The switch also doesnt stop at "off", but it keeps going through all of the cycles. I'm not sure if these are related or not but the problems began at the same time.
DarrickP  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:28:07 PM(UTC)
DarrickP

Took the front off of the machine, unclamped the hose into the pump (prepared for the flood), reached my finger up inside...A SOCK!! lol Wouldn't have thought it could have made it there, especially that there was still some water going through.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply