Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stilllearning6  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:14:40 AM(UTC)
stilllearning6

Groups: Registered

Roper model 2022100 wall oven - has door removed away from wall unit. Looking at the remaining wall unit , I need to remove the lower left door hinge which ends in a fork . The fork slipped into a linch pin on the door and was locked / secured via a movable tab .
I can see a single hex head bolt protruding through the inside lower left oven side wall .
I suspect that the hex bolt plus possibly more stuff needs to be removed ; possibly a cocked spring.

Anyone with knowledge about removal / schematics of attachments of the hinge within the oven itself?
I guess that model is circa late 1960's , not sure.
Could not locate any data via Google search.

The hinge is finnicky .
Sounds dry and grinding inside the side wall of the oven unit.
The hinge disappears into the sidewall and feels spring loaded.
If I were to remove the solitary hex head that I see, I may create headaches if the system is spring loaded.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.