Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pdy9880  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 3:35:27 AM(UTC)
pdy9880

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher originally wasn't draining because of a clogged drain under the sink. Now that the drain is unclogged I've found that the water is being drained out the way it was before, but for some reason it isn't getting water to wash the dishes. When I push the start button to begin the wash cycle, instead of hearing the water going into the machine for a minute or so before the spraying starts, I don't hear anything. Then, the machine begins humming like the motor is shooting the water through, but not water.

I know the water valve is not turned off.

I've tried taking apart the bottom spay fan as well as the center and top to clear any gunk, but nothing is clogged.

Any ideas????
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 5:07:28 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric EDW6000L00BB Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Sounds like a fill problem but have you checked the water level.
Just open the door after when it should have filled.
It should fill to just under the heating element.

Remove the kick plate and check that the overfill switch (Item 308 in Section 1) is activated by the float. If not remove the float cover (Item 302 in Section 1) inside the tub and check it.

If the switch is activated then you will have to check if the fill valve is getting 120 volts when the unit should be filling.

If it is getting voltage then either the valve is toast or it's input filter is clogged. Stuff may have come off the inside of your water supply pipes when you did the other repair.

There is a screen filter on the input side of the fill valve. Remove the valve from the unit and clean/check the filter.
Do not permanently remove it from the valve as it is there to keep crud out of the valve which could hold it open and cause a flood.

If it still does not fill correctly I would replace the fill valve.

PS: Be sure to shut off the power and the water supply to the unit. Have paper towels etc. handy to wipe up any spilled water. Get a small pan/bowl etc. that will fit under the valve then loosen the input water line let it drip into the container emptying it as necessary. This will minimize the amount of water spilled.

If there is no voltage across the valve check for voltage across the fill valve/overfill switch combo. They are wired is series. If you have voltage there, then check across just the overfill switch. If there is voltage across the switch then replace it as it's contacts are not closing.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply