Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PeteMiz  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 10:11:57 AM(UTC)
PeteMiz

Groups: Registered

Might as well get used to seeing this Anomaly. I am having the same issue on a Frigidaire Affinity dryer only a year old. Dryer was working fine, went to change a load yesterday and when I tried to start new load front panel said door was open--it was not.

I Assumed I had a bad door switch before researching but it tested fine. Ran the diagnostic for error codes and it returned E66--bad thermal limiter. Called the place where purchased since we had an extended warranty.

I believe that they will not find anything wrong with any of the limiter devices, since there was no indication of an overheat event, ducts all clear no odor or smoke etc. I am 99% sure that it is the circuit board, seem to be seeing this crop up a lot on the blogs. I will re-post after they service the appliance this Wed. I am going to call them and tell them to just make sure to bring a circuit board along though. If you have a warranty and get this odd situation, Door open error on front panel and E66 error code call your service provider because the circuit board is a $200 part.

And a quick note to Frigidaire--most consumers expect to get many years of service out of major appliances, if these are routinely bad on these models around the one year mark Frigidaire needs to act to at least get the cost of these parts down or they will lose a lot of loyal customers.
serviexcell  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 6:38:19 PM(UTC)
serviexcell

Groups: Registered

Friend, you need to change the thermostat, the part number is 134711500, this sensor is opened, for two reason or detected too hot, or the continued use blink.

This sensor is connected in series with the door, that's why brand "Open Door"
Replaced by a new piece, or if you like to call us for a technician to visit you that:
Reparacion de Lavadoras Refrigeradores Secadoras Centros de Lavado
#13 Posted : Monday, July 10, 2023 1:01:16 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
our dryer has the "light on" that says door is open even though shut.
changed the switch and still is having problems.
the dryer is like new. What should I do next?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply