Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fillhardfarm  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 7:18:48 AM(UTC)
fillhardfarm

Groups: Registered

This dishwasher has worked great since we got it, it is about 2 years old now.
The problem now is that it is leaving the glasses and items on the top shelf mostly with food particles up inside them and on them. My husband took the upper wash arm apart thinking that it was maybe full of gunk but it is clear of anything. Any other thoughts or suggestions? Is there a filter that needs to be taken apart and cleaned that the water goes through as it is recycled? I know our old dishwasher had a filter we had to clean but we don't see one on this one and we don't want to start taking it apart until we have a little advise.

Thanks for any help anyone can be :)
Christi

fillhardfarm@sbcglobal.net
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bentwrench1999  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 11:49:07 AM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

Groups: Senior Expert

Most d/w problems (washability) are easy to fix. I feel you're not getting enough water. The level should be close to the heater(check your tech sheet to be sure). The water temp should be at least 140 deg.F (no matter what the box says) Also, use a good brand of detergent (Cascade) and be sure your wetting Agent dispenser is full. (jet dry)You should not have to pre-wash your dishes..just scrape them well.The detergent actually needs some dirty dishes to work properly..fats, protien, etc. to make up 1 more chemical for the detergent.Another important step is to run the hot water faucet before running your d/w to "purge" the cold water out of the line.Good Luck and let me know what you find..wrench:)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply