Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ktyler  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 2:36:30 PM(UTC)
ktyler

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher came with house bought 2 years ago, age of DW unknown. Tried to run dishes last night (delay start), thought I heard washer start up, but then wasn't running. Opened, saw soap dish still closed. Also, extra soap (I add outside the cup, it improved effectiveness) was not washed away, so I presumed washer had not run. Started it immediately, it started running, and Iwent to bed. Next morning found standing water on kitchen floor. Washer had not completed cycle, dish cup still closed and extra soap still present. Bottom of tub was filled with water and edge of washer was dripping.

Could this be caused by a stuck float? I nudged it accidentally when putting bottom rack in so I may have knocked it off kilter. I played with it this morning and it seemed to work right though in certain positions (turning it) it seemed to sometimes get stuck down. I haven't dared try to run washer again b/c I don't want more standing water, but I did try and bail it out.

My guess is that running it the second time over-filled the washer. Is the washer smart enough to stop after a certain amount of water has been brought in if the float doesn't respond? Obviously there is not a backup water level sensor or else it would not have overfilled. I did not notice if there was water in the bottom when I checked it and re-ran it last night/

How should I fix this? What else could cause this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.