Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joliver332  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 9:32:01 AM(UTC)
joliver332

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool Thin Twin - Washer Doesn't Drain and Spin Concurrently.

Once the wash cycle is complete, I believe the tub is suppose to drain and spin at the same time. (I believe this help balance the load for the spin cycle.)

Instead the tub drains fine, but the drum does not spin until 2 or 3 minutes elapses - then it spins as normal. The same thing happens on the rinse cycle.

Additional information - if I push in the washer control knob for a split second (to turn the washer off) at the beginning of the drain cycle and pull the knob back out again (to turn the washer back on again) the tub will continue to drain and start spinning at the same time.

Spin cycle and all other functions work normally.

Any thoughts as to the cause? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:50:44 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You don't have a problem, the machine is working properly

Your model has a neutral drain transmission. When the machine is set to drain the transmission is in neutral so the drum does not spin. After a few minutes the timer stops the motor which causes the transmission to shift into spin.

When you manually stop the machine by stopping the timer you cause this shift, which is why it spins after you start it again.
jonathanpjames10  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 6:51:03 AM(UTC)
jonathanpjames10

Groups: Registered

My Whirlpool thin twin does the same exact thing, but it really does sound like it's trying to do more than just drain. It sounds like something is spinning on the washer, but the actually tub isn't. My model is LTE5243DQ3. I've had other appliance techs tell me it could be the timer or clutch
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply