Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FranklinD  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:30:30 AM(UTC)
FranklinD

Groups: Registered

I need to replace the white trim along the sides and bottom of both the upper and lower oven doors. The trim has rusted through. I have three questions.

1. For the upper door, Part Number 14 in your exploded diagram is listed as "Frame/tape assembly", and is the part I need to replace. Part Number 16 in your diagram is listed as "Foil Tape." What is the foil tape for, and do I need it to replace the trim? If so, do I need to order two of them--one for each side of the oven door? Also, there are two line items for the frame/tape assembly, but no color is indicated. Is part number AP376663 the white one?

2. For the lower door, Part Number 18 in your exploded diagram is listed as "Kit, door trim (wht)", and is the part I need to replace. Part Numbers 17 and 19 are listed as "Tape, dbl. sided." What is the tape for, and do I need it to replace the trim?

3. Do you have any ideas why, after less than three years, these door trim pieces have rusted to the point of disintegration? Is this a common problem, or should I assume that the original trim was somehow defective? No other parts of the range have rusted.

Thank you very much for your help...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.