Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
twisted2b  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 8:03:16 PM(UTC)
twisted2b

Groups: Registered

The drum on my washer will not spin after it drains during the wash cycle. After it drains, you can hear the motor straining to spin the drum and when you open the lid, you hear a loud click and then upon closing the lid the drum will spin. Seems to me that a gear is not engaging and for some reason opening the lid to interrupt the cycle engages the gear. As far as I can tell, this problem does not occur during the final spin cycle. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:45:07 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The way your washer works is that in order for the transmission to go into the spin cycle the motor must stop for a few seconds. The timer is not doing this, so when you open the lid you manually stop the motor, the transmission goes into spin mode and you get spin.

The solution is to replace the timer, but if you do not want to spend the money or take the chance that will not fix it you can continue to open the lid to force it into spin mode. I have occassionally found that sometimes over time the problem will work itself out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply