Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<34567>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ridercoach  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:30:26 PM(UTC)
ridercoach

Groups: Registered

That is an interesting post. I have a model 363.63699303. My oven died while using the convection oven after only the fourth time. Just totally died. Sent it to Sears and it was a Part # WB21X10046.
MAYBE A RECALL IS IN ORDER HERE!!
At first I thought the cause was a flap of aluminum covering the fan blower at the stack entrance, that I'm assuming, needed to be removed after assembly. Internal air was not exiting the unit and blew the thermostat.
scottfree  
#42 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2010 3:33:57 PM(UTC)
scottfree

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi Nick,

Unfortunately you do have to pull the "beast" off.

Gene, Thanks so much for your information regarding no power to the Kenmore elite microwave. I had the exace same problem and ordered the cavity thermostat you suggested in diagram 5 parts breakdown. However, I found that I was able to replace the part along with a new interior bulb without removing the "beast" from the wall.Using the GE Manual referred to in the blog, you can indeed access the cavity thermostat as well as a replacement blub by removing the grate above the door an a few other parts. Tricky part is making sure you don't drop the tiny screw holding the part to the oven.I used a maganic screwdriver along with sone 'putty' stuff to hold the screw in place on the screwdriver when installing the new part. I am new to blog and hope this will reach you and once again, thanks ever so much for your help as I was excited when I plugged the unit in and had power, without having to remove the unit. Cooking again in Florida. Scott
Stan W  
#43 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 9:38:19 PM(UTC)
Stan W

This thread contains all of the information I need for the exact same problem I'm having with my microwave. It contains several diagrams that I need however I can't download them. The original threads are from 2007 or 2008. Can I still access them or can they be resent. Thanks.
Gene  
#44 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 5:28:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Stan W Go to Quoted Post
This thread contains all of the information I need for the exact same problem I'm having with my microwave. It contains several diagrams that I need however I can't download them. The original threads are from 2007 or 2008. Can I still access them or can they be resent. Thanks.

The Service manual is attached to the reply.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Advantium_sca1000_sca1001_sm.pdf (1,416kb) downloaded 91 time(s).
whoever  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:33:41 PM(UTC)
whoever

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Here is the Service manual.

Gene.

That link seems to be dead. I have the same problem with my 240V Advantium, and would like to track down the fuse / TCOs in question, and diagnose myself as I really can't afford to have a GE service rep out to tell me they don't know what the problem is. I have a feeling I'll be having a microwave sitting on my counter for weeks otherwise.
Gene  
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:28:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: whoever Go to Quoted Post
That link seems to be dead. I have the same problem with my 240V Advantium, and would like to track down the fuse / TCOs in question, and diagnose myself as I really can't afford to have a GE service rep out to tell me they don't know what the problem is. I have a feeling I'll be having a microwave sitting on my counter for weeks otherwise.

The link does not work any more due to its age, but I attached the manual to the previous reply.

Gene.
Eder  
#47 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2011 1:53:05 PM(UTC)
Eder

Hi all great forum!
My GE Advantium 120 just died and I pulled it out to try some of the trouble shooting suggested here.

Fuses OK but I dont get continuity thru my cavity thermostat. If I remove the thermostat and bypass by connecting the 2 wires should the control panel light up at least?

Mine didnt but since my appliance died while not in use I was wondering how the thermostat could have caused the problem.
Thanks in advance!!
Gene  
#48 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 1:33:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Did you perform the troubleshooting as instructed on page 44 in the manual?

Gene.
Eder  
#49 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 6:17:52 PM(UTC)
Eder

I checked the fuses, checked the thermostats...cavity one had no continuity. When I jumpered the wires to bypass the thermostat the unit was still dead.
I have current to the control panel board, maybe that is what is fried?
I'll check the page 44 routine...thanks.
Regards....Eder
Gene  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2011 12:28:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Eder Go to Quoted Post
...I'll check the page 44 routine...

Eder,

Check it out and post the results.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply