Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KP11520  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 1:37:34 PM(UTC)
KP11520

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

So my wife mentions the clothes are taking forever to dry because they came out of the washer wet when we returned home after the washer ran through its cycles.

So i took the soggy clothes out of the dryer and put them back in the washer to spin them again. Lots of clicking and water is pumping out but no movement.

So I fill it up to see if the agitator works. Nothing but the same noise.

Where should I start? The motor coupling doesn't look bad when I tilt it back and look from underneath, but it won't turn far by hand in either direction. Both the motor and the input shaft to the transmission seem to travel when I turn it, the little it moves.

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Regards//KP
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 2:53:41 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You need to take the motor off and inspect the coupling as that is the most likely problem (and you hope it is, because if not the transmission could be the culprit)

Here is a video which will show you how in case you are not familiar with the procedure.

YouTube - Direct Drive Washing Machine Repair Video Tutorial *Watch in HIGH Quality!*

Good luck.
KP11520  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:39:40 PM(UTC)
KP11520

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
You need to take the motor off and inspect the coupling as that is the most likely problem (and you hope it is, because if not the transmission could be the culprit)

Here is a video which will show you how in case you are not familiar with the procedure.

YouTube - Direct Drive Washing Machine Repair Video Tutorial *Watch in HIGH Quality!*

Good luck.

Turns out my friend had a Kenmore and replaced the part and bought two of them. The washer died and was replacedm, so he gave me the new extra coupling today.

Next, You post this link! If this good luck keeps up, I will win the $250 million dollar Mega Millions on Tuesday!

Sid, Thank you VERY much! After seeeing how this coupling works, I can see how it can look intact but let the pins slip with alot of torque, especially when tired after 10 years!

I really appreciate this. I will have it done in an hour in the morning and have some clean underwear on the way shortly afterward!! LOL

Thanks again!

Regards//KP
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:05:02 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Glad it worked out well, and if you do win the lottery cut me off a small slice.