Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
perpetualapprentice  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:05:38 AM(UTC)
perpetualapprentice

Groups: Registered

Pushing the off button beeps and the oven 'clicks' off as normal when powering down but the oven doesn't turn off. The upper heating element doesn't glow red but the heat definitely remains on. No error codes ever except for PF when the power grid has gone down. All other buttons work properly.

I tried the trick mentioned by other forum posters to set the cook time to one minute without luck... the display says "END" as it should after 1 minute and the oven beeps signaling the end but, again, the heat remains on.

Searching other complains leads me to believe the board under the control panel may need to be replaced but is there a method to diagnose beforehand? It is my dream that something just needs to be cleaned and/or reattached.

Since core deposits are required for the replacement board, I assume refurbished units are sent as replacements. I've seen complaints regarding the off switch elsewhere and also wonder if this switch alone can be rebuilt as it appears that may be what is happening with factory refurbished replacement units. If not, could someone provide the correct part number to order? There are two items named microcomputer in the schematic for this model.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Pete
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.