Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tbilbrey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:26:28 PM(UTC)
tbilbrey

Groups: Registered

Washer started leaking in the right rear area. At first I didn't notice the flood hose in the rear that is attached to the tub. Washer still had some water left in it and wouldn't drain completely. I thought that the drain pump was bad and leaking. I replaced and the washer ran fine until my wife set to super size load for water level. Now when agitation is working there is water that leaks out of the flood hose. Is there some way to set the water level or is there a sensor that controls that? I think that is the real problem with the washer. Have a new pump anyway.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 5:38:31 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Operate it with the front panel off, and you should be able to see the source of the leak.

Check the tube that runs from the tub to the console.
tbilbrey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 3:14:44 AM(UTC)
tbilbrey

I checked the tube you refered to. The water is coming out of the flood tube on the left back side of tub. The water level seems to be to high on super and large wate level settings. Water only comes out of flood tube on these settings while the washer is agitating. Can the water level be reset or is there something wrong with a sensor?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:57:09 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Try cleaning out the tube that goes from the tub to the water level switch. Also check to see that it does not have a pin hole or something that does not make it air tight.

If that fails, I would go ahead and replace the water level switch and see if that fixes things.
tbilbrey  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:06:54 AM(UTC)
tbilbrey

I have replaced the drain pump and flood tube gasket. While in the process of reading various threads on this site I happened to read one that sparked my interest. It referred to the fact that the inner tub should not be moving back and forth during the wash cycle, only the agitator. I wish I had noticed and mentioned that fact at the being of posting this thread. So my real problem is with the shaft and mode assembly. Part number AP4380186. Is that correct? I don't want to throw any more parts at this machine, unless it is going to fix the problem. I checked out the water level switch and hose they both checked out good, meaning no pin holes and switch was electrically functioning.
Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Try cleaning out the tube that goes from the tub to the water level switch. Also check to see that it does not have a pin hole or something that does not make it air tight.

If that fails, I would go ahead and replace the water level switch and see if that fixes things.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:16:05 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Go ahead and replace the parts. If you buy from this site and the parts do not fix the problem you can return them, so your downside is limited.

Good luck, hope that does it.
sidfink43  
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:16:05 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Go ahead and replace the parts. If you buy from this site and the parts do not fix the problem you can return them, so your downside is limited.

Good luck, hope that does it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply