Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gimidlin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:22:44 AM(UTC)
gimidlin

Groups: Registered

OK. I have this cooktop. The 2 left burners have not been working for a couple of years. I need to fix them. At first, the ignitors were working, but no gas, and hence, no ignition. In addition, when I would turn on the other 2 burners, they would light, but then all 4 burners would continuously keep sparking.

After a series of turning off and on the breaker, the nuisance sparking stopped.

I recently installed a new spark module, thinking this would solve my problem. It didn't. Now I'm back to still only the right 2 burners, and the continuous sparking at all 4 burners when one of the working burners is operating.

Any idea how to fix this? Anyone?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:34:22 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hello.

Most likely the problem with 2 left burners could be solved by replacing the potentiometers. Those are the switches located on the burner valves (2 Left ones).

The potentiometer Part number: AP3782975
Part number: AP3782975

The clicking problem Is most likely bad grounding or bad back feed from the ignitor to the spark module.

Check for any obstructions on the top of the ignitors, disassemble and clean the burners, make sure they making good connection when reassemble them.
Check the insulation on the ignitors wires.

Good luck. Post the results.
gimidlin  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 1:42:31 PM(UTC)
gimidlin

Groups: Registered

Me again. I replaced the simmer controller and the potentiometers. The Left Front (#1, I think) and the Right Rear (#3, I think) work fine. However, when I turn on either of the other 2 burners, all four burners continuously spark for ignition.

I replaced the spark module, and am having the same problems. Any ideas. At this point I have way too much money, and way too much time invested to quit.

Thanks.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 2:12:23 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

If you purchased parts from APP you may return them back even if they been installed.

In the previous post I recommend you to check several things, please do so.

Thank you. Please post the results.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply