Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
atucker2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:20:21 PM(UTC)
atucker2

Groups: Registered

I have a dryer at a rental house and the lady there had a hole in the lint screen. She kept using it till now and its full of lint and quit working well. I have replace the lint filter with a new one.But havent still been able to get all the lint out.How the best way to clean it out,I have the back side panel off and blowing air in it.Also could it have mess anything else up?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:34:15 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

With these GE's in general, and with your in particular I STRONGLY advise you open up the dryer completely and remove the drum and clean out everything. This is the only way to get at these. Make sure the passage to the blower, the blower and venting tube are completely clean.

Also, when you open it up you can check the heating coil, (these GE's have coils which fail regularly and the rear bearing assembly, another weak point.

Anyway, do all this, put it back together and you should be fine (assuming you get a new lint screeen and insist the tenant clean it out after every use.

Good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply