Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Buzzie8  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2009 3:44:34 PM(UTC)
Buzzie8

Groups: Registered

My ice maker dispenser is not working. Making Ice just fine. I thought for sure it was the motor and replaced it. I am assuming that the motor should turn the auger. The solenoid pulls the ice crusher up but the auger will not turn even after replacing motor. I simulate the door being closed by pushing the door button in. I have not checked power to the auger motor with a tester yet but will soon. If it is getting power what else could it be? It is a GE Profile refrigerator.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Buzzie8  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:29:11 PM(UTC)
Buzzie8

OK, it looks like the motor for the ice dispenser (auger) is not getting power. On another website some said to check a relay. Any other ideas? Also, where is the relay? Is ther any place to get schematic for this fridge?
CJT  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:56:44 AM(UTC)
CJT

I have a similar problem, however mine works sometimes and other time it does not work. With the ice bucket removed, I activate the motor and it just hums but does not turn (again, it does work sometimes). I removed the motor and could find no visual problem. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?
nharleydon  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 4:21:45 PM(UTC)
nharleydon

Originally Posted by: CJT Go to Quoted Post
I have a similar problem, however mine works sometimes and other time it does not work. With the ice bucket removed, I activate the motor and it just hums but does not turn (again, it does work sometimes). I removed the motor and could find no visual problem. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Mine also does this on occassion. The motor somehow gets condensation between the motor and its windings. You must take the whole motor unit out. It only has 4 screws holding it in. Then take the " fork " off the motor shaft. It has a left handed thread. Then remove the rubber protection cover off the motor and let it defrost overnight, shaking any water from the unit every so often. Then put it back together and it should work fine. This might be something you'll have to do every so often.
prexactly  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2010 9:38:04 AM(UTC)
prexactly

Thanks for the advice nharleydon! I didn't realize it was that easy to remove the auger motor unit. After removing it and plugging it back in, it started working again. Apparently the plug connecting the auger unit to the back of the fridge had come loose.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply