Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dirtgirl13  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:33:27 PM(UTC)
Dirtgirl13

Groups: Registered

First off let me say this is the first attempt ever to fix any type of appliance! And I'm sorry in advance for any stupid questions! =)

Now then, my problem is that our ice maker leaks into our ice collection bucket and down the back wall of the freezer. Ice maker works fine (does of course have a problem with clumping when water leaks into it and freezes) and water dispenser also works perfectly fine. We have not been able to see where the leak is coming from and we do not have a manual book (bought fridge with house).

I have no idea how to proceed and was hoping you could lead me in the right direction. :confused:

Thank you!
Dawn M.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gary/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 12:29:07 PM(UTC)
mattt

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Dirtgirl13 Go to Quoted Post
First off let me say this is the first attempt ever to fix any type of appliance! And I'm sorry in advance for any stupid questions! =)

Now then, my problem is that our ice maker leaks into our ice collection bucket and down the back wall of the freezer. Ice maker works fine (does of course have a problem with clumping when water leaks into it and freezes) and water dispenser also works perfectly fine. We have not been able to see where the leak is coming from and we do not have a manual book (bought fridge with house).

I have no idea how to proceed and was hoping you could lead me in the right direction. :confused:
Hello . What it sounds like is your Part number: AP3103466
Part number: AP3103466
valve is bleeding thru or not closing all the way when the ice maker calls for water, the next reason this would be happening is the Part number: AP2984633
Part number: AP2984633
what happens is the mold where the ice is formed starts loosing the protective coating, due to the hardness of the water, most likely you have a bad water valve thank you and good luck !
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply