Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CanuckDuck  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:17:09 AM(UTC)
CanuckDuck

Groups: Registered

After all the cycles there is still water (always the same amount) left in the bottom. There are no food blockages, main drain hose is clear, and the solenoid works fine. I can drain all the water manually by releasing the solenoid and the drain hose disconnected. What would be the next thing to check?

thanks so much for your help..
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

CanuckDuck  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:06:15 AM(UTC)
CanuckDuck

Any direction at all would be a great help.. thanks.
Frank / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:41:39 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: CanuckDuck Go to Quoted Post
Any direction at all would be a great help.. thanks.

Not sure how much you're seeing but there was always water left in the bottom of the sump area. Pump seal needs to stay wet.

You're right if you hold down the solenoid plunger with the hose disconnected it will get rid of all of it, but that's not normal operation.

Have you disconnected the hose from where it hooks to your house plumbing and drain it into a bucket to catch it while it's going through a drain cycle? See if it makes any difference. Maybe some blockage in your plumbing? Especially if it goes into a garbage disposal.
CanuckDuck  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:49:45 AM(UTC)
CanuckDuck

Originally Posted by: Frank / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Not sure how much you're seeing but there was always water left in the bottom of the sump area. Pump seal needs to stay wet.

You're right if you hold down the solenoid plunger with the hose disconnected it will get rid of all of it, but that's not normal operation.

Have you disconnected the hose from where it hooks to your house plumbing and drain it into a bucket to catch it while it's going through a drain cycle? See if it makes any difference. Maybe some blockage in your plumbing? Especially if it goes into a garbage disposal.

I have disconnected the main hose and let it run out into a bucket with no difference. There is a small hose connector from where the solenoid is to the section where the water drains, which I will try to remove and look for blockages. Could there be not enough pressure (Broken seal?) to remove all the water? Also, there is no garbage disposal. thanks.
Frank / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:20:07 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: CanuckDuck Go to Quoted Post
I have disconnected the main hose and let it run out into a bucket with no difference. There is a small hose connector from where the solenoid is to the section where the water drains, which I will try to remove and look for blockages. Could there be not enough pressure (Broken seal?) to remove all the water? Also, there is no garbage disposal. thanks.

It is possible that something could be wrong with the drain impeller. When you watched the water go into the bucket with the unit running did it come out forcefully, or did it seem to be just coming out due to the valve being open? If it shot out, I doubt it's the pump.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply