Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
goliath  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 2:35:46 PM(UTC)
goliath

Groups: Registered

i searched for my model number on the forum but found nothing useful. My washer will spin and empty fine but will not agitate on any setting. When I push the START button I hear a muted "clunk" and what sounds like a humming sound from down in the motor area, nothing happens. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gary/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 5:34:18 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Originally Posted by: goliath Go to Quoted Post
i searched for my model number on the forum but found nothing useful. My washer will spin and empty fine but will not agitate on any setting. When I push the START button I hear a muted "clunk" and what sounds like a humming sound from down in the motor area, nothing happens. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hello. It sounds like the Part number: AP3964635
Part number: AP3964635
coupling has stripped out, they are not bad to change out and they do come with instructions. Thank you and good luck !
goliath  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:46:58 AM(UTC)
goliath

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gary/APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hello. It sounds like the Part number: AP3964635
Part number: AP3964635
coupling has stripped out, they are not bad to change out and they do come with instructions. Thank you and good luck !

Hi. Not likely, replaced that a few months ago, but i will double check just the same. I took the front cover off the washer and i can turn the motor by hand while the machine is in wash/agitate mode so there is nothing binding, just a light humming noise from the motor. If it was the coupling, the motor would be turning with no agitation (like it did before, that's why i replaced coupling....completely stripped).

Does the agitation cycle control the motor activation? Could something electronic be broken in the motor to make it not turn and just hum. Remember, it spin dries just fine. thx.
Gary/APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 2:03:19 PM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Originally Posted by: goliath Go to Quoted Post
Hi. Not likely, replaced that a few months ago, but i will double check just the same. I took the front cover off the washer and i can turn the motor by hand while the machine is in wash/agitate mode so there is nothing binding, just a light humming noise from the motor. If it was the coupling, the motor would be turning with no agitation (like it did before, that's why i replaced coupling....completely stripped).

Does the agitation cycle control the motor activation? Could something electronic be broken in the motor to make it not turn and just hum. Remember, it spin dries just fine. thx.

Hello . The muted sound you are hearing is the brake that is inside the transmission it is internal thats why it is a dull clunk the transmission will need to be replacedthank you
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply