Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<2223242526>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#231 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:53:13 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
frankie,

Unfortunately there is no lemon law regarding appliances and your choice is to fix it or to buy a new one.

If you know how to handle simple tools, how to use a multimeter and how to read wiring diagrams, we can help you with some instructions. In such case we need the complete model number of the refrigerator.

If you would like to hire a certified technician to do it for you, you can try MyPros.com to find a company in your area.

Gene.
classie  
#232 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2008 7:29:20 PM(UTC)
classie

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag refrigerator & freezer side by side the freezer side has started to not get as cold as it once did. Water leaks from inside on the freezer side from behind the panel. The filter has been change but the light does not go off. The refrigerator does not not get cold anymore. Model MSD2454GR is it worth fixing? Is this something that a Tech needs to do?
Gene  
#233 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 2:29:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Remove the back cover from the refrigerator and check if the compressor and the fan next to it are running. Make sure the condenser coil (#3 on the break down diagram) clean.

Post the results.

Gene.
tripleguy  
#234 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 9:01:15 AM(UTC)
tripleguy

Hi Gene,
I have a Maytag bottom freezer model MBB2254. Freezer working but coils solid with ice. Top refrige portion not working - no air detected. I defrosted with a hair dryer and now I seem to be cooling. Vents at the bottom were also pretty clogged with dust on coils. Unit is about 6 years old - best to change the defrost control or was the issue due to dirty coils???
Gene  
#235 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:32:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

The evaporator coils solid with ice have nothing to do with dust on the condenser coils. There is definitely a faulty defrost system.

Perform the troubleshooting as described on the first page of this thread, starting with the defrost thermostat (#12 on the break down diagram) and post the results.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag refrigerator Model MBB2254GEB

Gene.
Edwood  
#236 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2008 10:22:14 PM(UTC)
Edwood

I have a GE Profile Artica PSS25NGN refrigerator. This morning I opened the door and it was 99 degrees inside. The freezer was fine. I threw everything away and unplugged it and plugged it back in 10 minutes later and it started to cool. It is now cool again. The only thing is that the express thaw 3lb light is on every time I open the door. I turn it off, and as soon as I open the door it is back on. I was wondering if maybe this had something to do with it. It seems to be working otherwise, but I am nervous about replacing all of the food I threw away (including all my Christmas leftovers). Do you know what could have caused this and do you think it will happen again?
Gene  
#237 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 12:39:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

At this time it's very hard to say what cause it. Keep monitoring both sides and, if you'll see anything unusual, post it.

Gene.
CalX  
#238 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 11:14:11 PM(UTC)
CalX

Hello, we're having problems with our fridge, any help is appreciated!

Model: Gibson GRS26ZRG side by side with ice maker and ice/water/light in door. "Clean and Clear ice and water filtration system" noted on door. (No extra number/letter after the ZRG on the sticker)

I probably should have realized something a couple weeks ago, I thought the fridge was running a little loud once or twice. Fast forward to last 24 hours, freezer is fine (but just a tad bit of frost covering the back wall, no thick ice or build up, but it is normally frost free), ice maker is working fine. However, the fresh food area seems about 15 degrees warmer, we noticed our milk wasn't ice cold as usual. :(

I made sure nothing was covering vent area in freezer, that seems ok. I can hear the motor (freezer??) running when the door is closed. Fresh food side, no motor/fan seems to be running.

The fridge came with our home which was a model house, it was built in 2000. The sticker on the fridge claims to have a "Platinum 10 year Warranty" but I don't believe I ever got the manual. Would this be a warranty issue? Or should I be fixing it myself? Pointers? Suggestions on what is going on?

Thanks in advance!
Gene  
#239 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 8:27:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Remove the rear cover and the front bottom grille and clean the condenser coil (#1 on the break down diagram).

Make sure the fan next to the compressor is running.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Gibson refrigerator Model GRS26ZRGD0

Gene.
cokemanjimbo  
#240 Posted : Tuesday, January 6, 2009 5:04:34 PM(UTC)
cokemanjimbo

I have a roper fridge, #RT14BKXSQ00. The other day we noticed that our drinks are starting to get warm. The freezer was solid. Two days later I decided to unplug it. I was told to "thaw" it out. So, I did. Today, there was no water anywhere around the fridge. So I thought, wow, its thawed and ready. I plugged it back in and all-b, nothing happened. I heard a hum, then a click and nothing. So, I ordered a relay/overload tonight and have hopes that it is fixed. Is this going to fix my problem?

The compressor was hot before I unplugged it. The heat coils on the outside of the fridge were just room temperature. There was no frost in the freezer when I unplugged it so I have no idea what's going on. PLEASE HELP ME!:eek:

I have already had a service man come out 6 months after I bought it. He replaced the relay. But, if I can remember, it was a different problem.