Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<191192193194195>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
urstrinath  
#1921 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:43:05 PM(UTC)
urstrinath

Groups: Registered

Got same problem but i cleared from this site post your queries and get solved the queries Refrigerator Price List | Fridge Prices in India | Refrigerator Models
Osmium  
#1922 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 7:56:02 AM(UTC)
Osmium

I am having the same problem with mine again. My refrigerator wasn't cooling and I found by using the self-diagnostics that the defrost element was bad, so i replaced it and everything has been fine. Now it is starting to not cool the food on the top shelf and I am not getting any diagnostic codes this time. I put a thermometer that I had on the shelf and it hasn't dropped below 58 degrees. Do I need to pull the back panel off and see if the evaporator coil is frozen over again? Check the main circuit board?
Shadowdub  
#1923 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 7:28:56 PM(UTC)
Shadowdub

I have a Kenmore 10650503990. The freezer side gets cold enough, but the refrigerator side won't get cold enough. I don't appear to be getting any frost on the freezer back panel. What is the next troubleshooting step I should take?
raf2k5  
#1924 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:10:24 AM(UTC)
raf2k5

I have a Kenmore 10676242402. The freezer side gets cold enough, but the refrigerator side warm; in upper 50. It appears frost on the freezer back panel after few day of running. Original issue was refrigerator no cold enough; both freezer and fridge, fan noise. I turn off it for few hours, it back to working but the fridge is always warm; freeze is cold; I do not feel cold air coming down from freezer. there is not blockage in the path. What is the next troubleshooting step I should take?
RUsum1  
#1925 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2013 11:31:29 AM(UTC)
RUsum1

Okay I am back to troubleshooting this again. I think I did it incorrectly last time because I completely disconnected my fridge instruments from the unit in order to find the defrost timer and turned the dial then plugged it back in. I don't think that actually did anything by doing it this way. I did that step again today (turning the timer until the loud click) then waited about 20 minutes. Now when I open the freezer I hear stuff in the back doing stuff but nothing that I would call a "sizzling" noise. Is this sizzling supposed to be the sound of ice being melted? Or is it the sound of a fan or what?

I noticed that my defrost timer has something in it that is constantly spinning. If there is something spinning, could the timer still be bad?

If turning the timer helped move along the defrost process, how long before I should notice an actual temperature drop in my fridge?
cycotcskir  
#1926 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:26:27 AM(UTC)
cycotcskir

Greetings, I hope someone can help me isolate this issue.

Unit: Frigidaire/Electrolux
Model: FRS26R2AW6

Freezer: -2 F
Frig: 42-48 F

For about a year now (since I moved in) the fan in the freezer has cycled intermittently for a few minutes, then stayed on. The frig and freezer still worked, so I didn't look into it. Each cycle of on/off on/off lasted about 1 second on/one second off. Now the frig is warm.

When i turned off the frig temp control, the thermostat behind the knob made a rapid clicking noise. then went silent. This didn't seem to be an issue, as it came back on and is working the same as before.

The damper motor, when activated, makes a clicking sound that sounds like something is loose.

2 part post due to post rejection score, Wierd!
cycotcskir  
#1927 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:34:11 AM(UTC)
cycotcskir

Part 2

My guess:
Bad Damper - this doesn't explain the cycling of the fan.
Therm. sending bad signal - I don't think so
Control board is cycling the signal - Not sure

Assuming that it is the control board doesn't explain the loose clicking from the damper.

Do you think that one problem allowed it to work fine, but that now both problems are causing the full problem. Do I swap out both items?

Thank you for your time and effort. I know it is time consuming answering these posts.
Chris

This control score thing is out of control!
cycotcskir  
#1928 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:38:22 AM(UTC)
cycotcskir

Forum "Control" issue, please disregard or delete.
lacken  
#1929 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:56:53 AM(UTC)
lacken

This thread gave me hope. I have a Kitchenaid KBRS36MHX01 fridge.
Same problem...good freezer / warm fridge. Armed with the knowledge learned here I opened up the panels in the back of the freezer. A little frost, no ice build-up. Noticed that the evap fan wasn't turning. Flicked it with my finger and it is now working. Within an hour the fridge is at 43º and the freezer is down to 10º. And while I'm typing this the fan just went off. i figured that replacing the fan wouldn't be a bad idea, but in searching ( it's part 15 on the liner diagram) the part isn't listed. Doesn't say unavailable..the list just goes 12,13,14,16,17... Maybe a standard part? Any help greatly appreciated.
lacken  
#1930 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:13:31 AM(UTC)
lacken

OK heard some sizzling coming from the freezer, so I'm figuring the defrost just kicked in. As we go to press the fan just came back on. Could it have been a fluke that the fan stopped?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply