Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<144145146147148>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevs888  
#1451 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:53:31 PM(UTC)
kevs888

Groups: Registered

Will do. Thanks.

The part actually came in to my office today and I forgot it at work. Gah!
kevs888  
#1452 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2012 9:01:05 PM(UTC)
kevs888

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
As you can see on the diagram, there are only 3 screws secured the control box. Do not forget to unplug the refrigerator first.

Gene.

Okay, so that was definitely not easy for a lay-person to do and definitely took more than just 3 screws that secured the control box.

DURING REPLACEMENT:
I ended up replacing the entire harness because the the control box that I was replacing was the Genesis Damper (from the blurry photos included with my part). Could it have been replaced without replacing the harness, too? If it was possible, I would have had no idea. Not fun. At all.

One thing I noticed, when I now press the "UP" arrow, the number goes down. When I press the "DOWN" arrow, the number goes up. Does this just mean "DOWN" means "DOWN IN TEMPERATURE" and "UP" means "UP IN TEMPERATURE"?

Also, the box beeps now when the fridge is ajar too long and also beeped when I plugged it back in. I guess that's the new feature of the control box?

Since I couldn't access the box easily, I tried to unscrew more places to bring the entire upper housing down, including the water filter.

WATER FILTER ISSUE WHEN PUTTING BACK:
Upon putting everything back, there was this one clear plastic piece that I was unable to figure out where it was placed. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with ejecting the filter.

I couldn't find the part on appliancepartspros...
UserPostedImage

When I put the water filter back in, it got stuck and wouldn't eject. I finally got the filter out with some force, but I'm leaving it out now with hopes that Gene knows how that clear plastic piece is placed.

I've also stopped my ice maker just case the water to the ice flows through the filter.

What's more, as I fiddled with the water filter by bringing the housing back down, I popped my control box out of its seat. I spent another 30 minutes trying to get it seated properly again with no success. The buttons work, but I have to press with more force than I did the first time I put the box back in.

SUMMARY:
So, almost 3 hours later, my fridge is partially put back together. I'm waiting to see if the control box will communicate with my defrost heater and thermostat before I screw everything back in (freezer side).

It did start blowing air through the top vent even though my coils were frosted. After about 20 minutes, I didn't feel the air flowing through the top again.

I guess we'll see in the morning.

Please help with the water filter, Gene! Thanks.
kevs888  
#1453 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 5:17:06 PM(UTC)
kevs888

Okay, the coils have defrosted!

Also, a neighbor has the same fridge, so I was able to see how to fit that plastic piece to eject the water filter.

So far, all is well.

Thanks for all your help, Gene!
Gene  
#1454 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 3:39:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. You probably did more job than it was necessarily to replace this part. You did not have to replace the wire harness and mess up with the water filter.

Anyway, you were able to fix it. Good job! I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.
kevs888  
#1455 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:32:18 PM(UTC)
kevs888

You are welcome. You probably did more job than it was necessarily to replace this part. You did not have to replace the wire harness and mess up with the water filter.

Gene.

Yeah, if I did it again, I could probably do it in less than half the time it took me this go round. It felt like I had to disconnect more pieces because I didn't know how to access the control board properly.

Anyway, everything is looking good so far!
kevs888  
#1456 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:51:11 PM(UTC)
kevs888

Gene.

Hey Gene,

Okay...two issue from after my repair:

1. The fridge states that "9" is the coldest and to press up to get to "9". Before my repair, I had both the freezer and refrigerator set at "6". When I press up (now), the numbers go down instead of up. Does that mean that "9" is now warmest and "1" is the coolest?

2. As a result of this craziness, my water line now appears to be frozen. I've only push the water lever twice for about 3 seconds and nothing came out. How can I defrost my line without risking a crack in the water line?

First, it was too warm....now, it's too cold...

Thanks for any help, Gene.
Gene  
#1457 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:07:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: kevs888 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Gene,

Okay...two issue from after my repair:

1. The fridge states that "9" is the coldest and to press up to get to "9". Before my repair, I had both the freezer and refrigerator set at "6". When I press up (now), the numbers go down instead of up. Does that mean that "9" is now warmest and "1" is the coolest?

2. As a result of this craziness, my water line now appears to be frozen. I've only push the water lever twice for about 3 seconds and nothing came out. How can I defrost my line without risking a crack in the water line?

First, it was too warm....now, it's too cold...

Thanks for any help, Gene.

1. According to the Owner's manual (page 8), the "down" arrow means "colder".

2. Do you have water for the ice maker?

Gene.
kevs888  
#1458 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:26:05 PM(UTC)
kevs888

1. According to the Owner's manual (page 8), the "down" arrow means "colder".

2. Do you have water for the ice maker?

Gene.

So weird...before I replaced the control board, it was opposite.

I put the setting to "2" last night and, 24 hours later, the water line is working again.

Thanks, again!
Gene  
#1459 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 5:56:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.
mattcrowder  
#1460 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 7:03:55 AM(UTC)
mattcrowder

i woke up this morning to this same problem. went to the freezer and found out that it was completely packed to the back and on the lowest setting for the freezer. i removed everything from freezer and the slots or vents along the bottom were completely frozen over. i used a box of food to scrape some of it off and can now feel some air flowing to the fridge now. what else would you say to do? thanks