Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hill_Cumorah  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2007 8:41:15 PM(UTC)
Hill_Cumorah

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered

My glass top convection range is black with SS trim.

It works fine. But I have some complaints - or should I say my wife has the complaints.:)

1. The display buttons all work, but are quite hard to actuate. You really have to press them to make it go. That is a small annoyance.

2. The display is very very dim. It is almost impossible to read the temperature when you are setting the oven. Even with my eyes up close, and shielding the ambient light from the room, I have to interpret the setting, by how many beeps of 5 degrees past the last readable temperature. The Hundreds position is easiest to read, and then the tens, and the ones is quite difficult.

If all the lights in the room are out, I can tell the signal is there, it is just very dim.

Do I have any other recourse then to order a new one for $218.12? (AP2125111)

If I take the panel apart, clean the glass (it doesn't look too dirty frankly) and plug it all back together, is there a chance that will brighten it up?

Is this a common problem with these Frigidare ranges?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.