Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ClayMan8572  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 8:39:53 PM(UTC)
ClayMan8572

Groups: Registered

I have an odd problem going on here. This oven started acting up yesterday. I turn on the big burner and it got red hot for 2 minutes than shut off. Same with the other 3 small burners. Today, the oven does the same thing. Elements get red hot for 2 minutes then shut off and I have to wait over night for them to work again. Plus, if I have the big burner going and turn on a small burner both burners quit working. B4 I go buy a new stove, does this sound like an easy fix? Thanks a lot.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dan O.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2009 9:32:12 AM(UTC)
Dan O.

Groups: Senior Expert

Quote:
Kenmore Electric Oven Model Number: RF3020XKQ

The model number you posted is for a Whirlpool range (oven and cooktop combined) not a Kenmore "oven".

Quote:
Elements get red hot for 2 minutes then shut off and I have to wait over night for them to work again.

There is no component in that appliance model which would account for that. It might be just caused by a loose wiring connection in the range, the house wiring or in the breaker/fuse box.

Someone would likely need to first determine if it was the power to the range that was cutting out. If it was, further investigation into the house wiring and fuse box would be required. If that power supply was steady when the failure occurred, looking into the range's wiring would be required.

Quote:
B4 I go buy a new stove, does this sound like an easy fix?

It doesn't sound like it would require a major repair but how 'easy' it will be to trace down is something else. I would say it would definitely be worthwhile to at least have looked into... even by a professional if needed.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply