Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ckarolak  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:29:23 PM(UTC)
Ckarolak

Groups: Registered

Hi! I am getting an F3 error on my GE Microwave Model#JVM1640WJ03. I have tried turning off and back on the microwave but it just starts the error code again within seconds, none of the keys seems to do anything. I have read that this is a result of a shorted key pad which seems consistent with my problem, however i am confused, do i need a key pad, or the control panel behind the key pad? If you can point me in the right direction for what to order I am sure my hubby can figure out how to replace it! :) Thank You for your time and help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Ckarolak  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 12:03:49 PM(UTC)
Ckarolak

I am bumping this in the hopes that someone will soon tell me which part to order
Gene  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 6:42:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The "F3" error code means "Shorted key panel (touch pad)". The correction is to replace the key panel aka a membrane switch or a touch pad. The control panel in that case is just a plastic frame.

- The key panel Part number: AP3205165
Ckarolak  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 8:30:12 PM(UTC)
Ckarolak

Thank You soo very much Its out of stock so hopefully it will be in soon but thank you soo much for replying i very much appreciate it!! :) You are awesome gene!
Valleymede  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:49:47 AM(UTC)
Valleymede

I had the same F3 message after I replaced the old panel - it had faded - with a new one that we got for from GE. After removing as described in the other posts and putting it back in I got the F3 message. In this case I knew that it had to be related to the panel itself and not to any of the other reasons posted. I eventually found that one of the buttons on the panel had a piece of plastic attached to it from the old panel and was in the pushed position. Once I removed the stuck piece it worked. Bottom line, it could be a simple problem with one of the buttons and not anything requiring a new part.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply