Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
btl512  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:37:40 PM(UTC)
btl512

Groups: Registered

I am trying to repair someones GE JTP20 series wall oven. Without giving all the dirty details, my initial impression was that there was a control board problem. Fortunately there is a board-level repair shop in my area. They tested the board and found no problems with it. I reinstalled the board and then found out that it was giving a F9 error and "door lock" status whenever it runs at temps over 400. After some searching, that appeared to be a problem with the locking mechanism. I replaced the door lock assembly and it still has the same problem. I'm wondering what the next thing I should look at to solve this problem.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

viningsga  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 3:06:48 PM(UTC)
viningsga

My lower oven had same F9 issue. Would shut down above 375 degrees. First thing to check is dust buildup in vent slats behind the oven. I had significant buildup thus no air movement/exchange even though fans were running. Requires you and a helper to pull the oven out of the cabinet by removing the 8 or so screws along the inside edges of both door frames. Remove the doors to decrease weight then slide oven out. I took the 2 metal panels off where the vent slats are and washed them off in the sink. If I had started here, I believe this would have solved my issue

Prior to pulling the oven out and cleaning the vents, I replaced the oven control board and the lower oven low temp limit switch. Probably could have skipped these steps if I had checked the vents first. Anyway, I have a new,bight LED panel which looks great and a spare if I ever need it.
btl512  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2013 7:18:26 AM(UTC)
btl512

I should have posted the resolution for my F9 when I found it but like so many things in life, once it was resolved, I stopped thinking about it. The problem ended up being a simple cleaning of the fan assembly. It is a pretty easy fix and takes about 30 minutes to remove the fan assembly / pull it completely apart / remove the grime build up / re-assemble and reinstall. I would list this as "one of the things to check for" if you are getting an F9 error. Once the oven is up to temp, just listen or watch (if you have the front panel off) for the fan to spin up and if it doesn't, I would pull it out and clean it.
bob222222  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 4:37:12 PM(UTC)
bob222222

I just had this problem after some pancake batter spilled down the rear vent, when I tired to used the oven the F9 warning code kept coming up, then today just when I started thinking about pulling the beast out to clean it, to see if it was the issue, I turned on the oven and tada! the vent fan crackled like it was releasing sticky something and the oven started working again with NO F9 code!

I have to say when looking down the vent with a flashlight it is filthy! No idea how I will clean it, it's a pretty bad design.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply