Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Domenic711  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:33:50 PM(UTC)
Domenic711

Groups: Registered

My dryer will not start. I have replaced the following parts but none of them fix the problem: door dryer switch assembly, dryer thermal fuse, start switch, dryer thermal cut off kit, dryer drive motor abd blower wheel. Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas on what the problem could be. The dryer will not go on. There is nothing wring with the electrical outlet. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2012 4:12:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Domenic,

I understand your feelings, but I have just one question - did you test any of the parts you replaced prior to replace them? A simple multimeter for less than $20 can save you time and $$$.

I would suggest to get a meter and start over the troubleshooting step by step.

Is the dryer completely dead or it does anything like a noise or maybe inside light goes on?

Let us know when you'll get a meter and we'll guide you through the troubleshooting.

You can return any unneeded part, if you purchased it from APP.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool LEQ9858PW0 29"ELECTRIC DRYER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Domenic711  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:44:46 PM(UTC)
Domenic711

we had the parts all tested with the meter and also had a service man come out and he tested them all. He told us we needed a new motor. The light does turn on when plugged in and it does make the ticking noise when plugged in as well. Thank you for your help
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:56:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Domenic711 Go to Quoted Post
...we had the parts all tested with the meter...

That means all tested parts did not pass the tests and that's why you replaced them? Too many parts at the same time.

Can you describe exactly, step by step, how did you test these parts please?

Gene.
Domenic711  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 4:39:43 AM(UTC)
Domenic711

Thank you gene. We checked and ordered each part individually. Since we did not have a meter of our own we took each part to either home depot or sears and they checked for us. We replaced each part one at a time and then checked to see if that fixed the issue. Once the repairman came out we we thought for sure the new motor would fix it.
We appreciate your help with this.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 4:10:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Domenic,

I would recommend in such situation to buy a simple multimeter (digital or analog) and redo all tests by yourself. You can order one from APP or buy it from Radio Shack.

The following article on our forum will explain in detail how to run a continuity test using either an analog or a digital meter - How To Check Continuity With Ohmmeter.

- The simple digital multimeter Part number: AP3440648
Part number: AP3440648

Gene.
Domenic711  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:59:05 PM(UTC)
Domenic711

I hope I explained it right. We checked each part separately. We would purchase one part, replace it and then plug the dryer in to see if it worked. One by one we replaced all the parts that I mentioned earlier. The last part we replaced was the motor which a technician told us was the issue.
Is there another part or anything else we need to check?
Gene  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:00:55 AM(UTC)
Gene

Domenic,

Would you believe it or not but I don't trust such test results done by a store people. Especially because the results are very strange. That's why I asked you to redo all tests by yourself. I know you can do it better, follow the instructions mentioned above.

Gene.
gsydor  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 7:19:17 PM(UTC)
gsydor

also have a dryer that will not start checked all switches thermal fuses door belt switches every one i removed them from dryer when this was done had two techs out neither one could find the problem voltage is ok but when pluged in i get is a small huming noise from the left side near the maine control pannel was thinking of buying anew board but dont know if its returnable amny luck with yours/
Gene  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:17:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

Remove the wires from the motor relay at the control board (the upper relay on the left side of the picture) and check for continuity between the relay terminals while the control calls for dry.

Replace the control board if there is no continuity.

- The control board Part number: AP4045210
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply