Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
auralight1  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:07:33 AM(UTC)
auralight1

Groups: Registered

:confused: Ok I have a Frigidaire freezer on top an fridge on bottom. The fan is going no noises or anything. But the problem I am having is the food in freezer won't freeze well it defrosted the food did. The fridge isn't getting cold enough. But is still got cool air. I have no idea what to do. I looked for a reset button or something couldn't find one. Help what can I do to narrow down the problem. I don't have a meter to test continuity either.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry L. Dunnahoo  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 6:44:01 PM(UTC)
Jerry L. Dunnahoo

Groups: Expert

Sounds like probably a sealed system issue. Either a freon loss or a restriction which prevents the freon circulation. Check to see if there is anything in the machine compartment that is oily. If not check the cold coils behind the panel in the freezer compartment for an oily residue. If no oil detected in either place it's probably a restriction normally in either the filter/ drier, capillary line, or the evaporator coils. In any of the above cases, it's not good news as a sealed system repair can only be accomplished by a qualified technician with a valid freon certification. =\
auralight1  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 8:38:41 PM(UTC)
auralight1

Thank you Jerry for your response. I took out the freezer panel today an found tons of ice build up behind the vents towards the bottom on both left an right sides. I went ahead an cleaned everything used a hair dryer so no sharp instruments used. Then returned the temps down to little but above normal settings an guess what? The freezer is freezing again. I still am concerned about the fridge part though?What should the temp be normally at about a 6-7 setting? Could you tell me? And how long is normal before I can trust food to not spoil in fridge. I remember when 1st purchased that it took at least 2 days before I could safely use it to put food in.I have someone scheduled to come out tomorrow. But I would like to avoid a 100.00 if not more charge to tell me what I obviously know. Just to appear at my door with out even lookin at it.
Thank you,
Jerry L. Dunnahoo  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:51:01 AM(UTC)
Jerry L. Dunnahoo

Groups: Expert

First let me say that the presence of frost changes everything. If there is frost, the sealed system is working. It's obviously now changed to a defrost issue. Considering the brand and the most common issue with it, the problem is more than likely to be the defrost thermostat part number AP2150133.
The temperature in the fresh food compartment is recommended to be from 35 degrees Fahrenheit to 38 degrees Fahrenheit. The freezer compartment should be from 0 to 10 degrees F. Once the unit is repaired and running you should allow 24 hours for the temperature to stabilize before you should trust it to dairy products. Please let me know if I can help anymore. Good luck! =]
auralight1  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:56:06 AM(UTC)
auralight1

Hello Jerry,
Thank you again for your response.I also think its the defrost thermostat. I had scheduled appt. ready to come out then they had to cancel til beginning of next week so lets see how this goes I will get the part you recommended. An look at the diagrams of this model type an put it in myself. Thank you also for the safe fridge temps an freezer. Bright days ahead? hum will see.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply