Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayleas_mommy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:58:28 PM(UTC)
hayleas_mommy

Groups: Registered

My dryer was making a high pitched screeching noise while it was running. The idler pulley broke so we replaced it and were told that replacing that would also get rid of the noise. The noise is still there and when my husband puts pressure on the idler pulley he says the noise stops. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 2:59:51 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE DE600EDD2 Wwh(v2) / Electric Dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

You could try a couple drops of oil (not WD40) on the idler wheel shaft. Just do not go crazy with it as it will hold dust/lint.
I do not think the idler is the problem but it could be.

The most common cause of squealing on theses units is the rear drum support, see section 5 - the last un-numbered item.
If you click on the picture a new page will open with more views and info.

Sometimes they just need cleaning and re-lubing with a hi-temperature grease so I would check it before replacing.
It does sound like it is worn as the pressure on the drum makes a difference.

Also check the front drum supports (glides) for wear.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 3:42:37 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

To get to that drum support, you need to pop the top up, and take the front off, and then remove the drum. Pulling the drum out of the drum support can be a little tricky for a novice. When you are ready to pull the drum out, remove the belt, then grab the drum, in the middle of the rear of the drum, at the top, and pull up kind of hard!! Once the rear has been pulled out of the drum support cup, remove the drum. On the back side of the drum is a metal bracket with a metal, ball on the end of it, make sure it is not to scored up. If so, replace the rear drum kit. If not, then get some Lithium Greese, that is actually the greese they put in the drum bearing kit, and fill up the plastic cup, that the ball on the end of the drum fits into. Then put it back together. Tom ApplianceEducator.com