Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
David Mitchell  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:52:35 AM(UTC)
David Mitchell

Groups: Registered

I've read several posts like this, but I'm just not sure that my problem is the motor.

Initially the dryer wouldn't start, would make the buzzing noise, but would get going if I gave the tumbler a "push".

Then it got to where it would run about 5 or 10 minutes and then stop.

The last time I ran it, I noticed that the "buzzing" sound that it makes when you start the dryer seemed to continue even after the dryer was running. It seems like the startup capacitor continues to remain activated even after the dryer was running.

Now I'm at the point to where it won't start at all, not even with a push.

I've taken the dryer apart and cleaned tons of lint out of everywhere. I even vacuumed out the motor and then cleaned it out with compressed air from an air compressor. I've made sure that the area where the centrifugal switches are is clean as well. But it hasn't made the situation any better.

The thing is... the motor spins freely. There's no resistance to it at all. The tumbler of the dryer seems to turn just fine as well.

Should I do a continuity test on the motor to see if there is any resistance in it?

I also notice that there's some sort of switch block mounted on the motor itself. Could that possibly be defective?

Like I said, the motor and the fan spin freely and easily. That's why I'm confused.

David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.