Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
erkflys  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 9:43:15 AM(UTC)
erkflys

Groups: Registered

This is a front loader that works in all modes except fabric softener. The dispenser appears to be controlled by an arm that is activated by the timer cam. At the center pivot of the arm there is an adjustment tab that goes from +3 to –3. When moving the tab, the pivot point adjusts slightly but I see no effect at the dispenser. If I understand the process the incoming water floods the dispenser box and the liquid softener raises to the top of an overflow tube and then into the washing machine. The bleach dispenses in the same way and works correctly. Removing the dispenser box looks to be a major undertaking that requires the removal of heavy springs connected to the washer tub. Please help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2009 5:58:51 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Erkflys

I think your problem is either in the solenoid that control water flow into the bleach dispenser cavity or the timer. The timer should send current to the solenoid at the time to release the fabric softener, which allows water to enter the dispenser and dispense softener exactly as you have stated.

See if you can measure voltage to the solenoid at the time softener must be dispensed. If there is current, the solenoid is likely the problem, if there is not 120 volts, then the timer is likely the problem.

Good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply