Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
heaterproblemeasy  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2009 5:46:11 PM(UTC)
heaterproblemeasy

Groups: Registered

Our Maytag Neptune gas clothes dryer is 10 years old. Yesterday if began heating on and off in the automatic moisture sensor cycle, the only one we use. Then it quit heating altogether. We called a local repair technician and lo and behold, he came out this morning. He said he couldn't get the dryer to duplicate the condition, charged us $70, and said if it happened again to buy a new Whirlpool dryer as it would be too expensive for him to trouble shoot the dryer, replacing various parts as he went along.

We later tried the timed cycle and the dryer worked fine. Then I called Maytag and they told me to unplug the dryer for 3-5 minutes, which I did. Now the dryer works on all cycles. A lesson for me that cost $70 and one that a technician should have known. Now I need to cancel the $1,000 dryer that we ordered earlier today from Lowe's as a replacement.

A lesson learned - simply pull the plug and try again, like rebooting your computer...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.