Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peasaint  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 4:19:00 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

Groups: Registered

Hello again and the washer is fine! My question this time concerns our old Admiral Dishwasher (refer 10/6/2008 postings). This machine has sat silent since 2008. When I saw the price of a control panel, ... with money tight (as always) we shyed away and went to hand washing mode. Well the fun of handwashing is about over. We've had our fun of playing with the soap bubbles, scraping crud out of the sink bottom, and cleaning out the drain trap when we didn't. My question is what's the diff between the control panel and the control block? Do one of these fail more often as opposed to the other? What does each one do? It seems (as back then in 2008) this machine simply has no power, or isn't getting power each time. It's still installed and before I pull it out and get a replacement, I thought I'd give it one more try. We changed the door switch (read the original posting 10/6/2008), and our son, now 23 still claims the unit sits inproperly. These things aren't cheap (new or used) and neither is hand cream! Any advice?

As always, thanks for all you do.

P.St.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Peasaint  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:03:33 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

I think this weekend, I'll run a new, longer line for power, then recheck the connections. The door switch has been replaced but perhaps it's a position thing as the door really dosen't 'latch' when closed.

IS there a way we can get you over here for perhaps a roast turkey dinner, have you meet the appliances and our dogs, then chain you up in our cellar for future use? Hey, ... I was only asking!

Peasaint
Peasaint  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2012 3:23:23 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

Is there a tolerance for being level on this machine? I'm pulling it out and will be sure the floor under counter is flat and level to 180 degrees. Am I to have any tolerance at all for the unit itself ... perhaps 3 degrees or so. It has to be attached to the above counter.
Peasaint  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2012 11:58:23 AM(UTC)
Peasaint

Got a reply the other day that it was the fuse and that's why "it shut itself down ...". I think this answer was for another person as this sounds nothing like my problem.

Today I vacuumed the units under-carrage, ... removed the old connections and rewired the main power line coming into the unit. No luck even when I shifted the unit front and back, side to side and worked on the door. The fuse on this unit would be nice but I'd think if it were the fuse, the unit would simply stop running. This machine would run every now and then, ... light up the control panel on buttons we wern't even using and run in odd cycles before it crapped out. My thoughts were a bad connection but now I'm leaning more to the Control Board or the Control panel. If it's wired, continuity really won't tell me anything or will it? My next bet is to take it out into the back 40 and give it a bullet. Still having a hard time locating the fuse, ... no much light under there but I'll look again. So, whaddya think?

Peasaint
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply