Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SEC  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 11:22:24 PM(UTC)
SEC

Groups: Registered

Following several recommendations from various posts, we removed the front panel (disconnected the ground wire), and located the orange wires between which the reset button is supposed to be housed. In that location, we found a pencil-lead diameter post with a red tip that didn't appear to be a switch or button. It turned, but could not be pushed in--no spring indicating it was any kind of a button. In addition, we vacuumed lots of lint and cleaned the lint accumulation begind the grille on the left side of the drum where the lint bucket mounts. No luck! The dryer still will not produce heat--although it runs normally when the dryer is turned on. Any suggestions at all will be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 4:02:32 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

If the thermostat red button was not pushed out, then you probably need to replace the elements. There are 2 elements in there, and usually it is the one on your left, as you are looking at it. I am a Fisher Paykel Rep, so I am pretty sure that is the issue. If you want to take the housing out where the elements are in, just take the 2 screws out that hold the housing in place, The pull all the wires off of the front of it, and then pull out the left side of the housing so you can reach behind it to un plug the wiring. then take the 1 screw out, that holds the thermostat in place with the red button on it, and then lift up the housiong, and you will see the element all broken. The only way, you can buy them is together. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
SEC  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 11:50:31 AM(UTC)
SEC

Many thanks, Tom, for your prompt reply! To follow up on my original post, I’m not sure we found the actual thermostat button. Before we began, we checked a variety of posts, and we chose to follow the directions which located the “reset button” between the “orange wire” connectors. In reviewing the video at the following link, it appears that the reset button may be on the little box which is last pictured–it has a red painted dot–is that the reset button? How To Fisher Paykel Dryer No Heat Repair Help F&P Dryer Experts - YouTube

Is this box the housing to which you are referring? If so (or, if not, can you describe where it is located), is that the housing in which we would find the elements? I have downloaded an “exploded” view of the “Base Panel and Components,” along with a parts list for that section of the FP Gas Dryer. I am not able to find an “element” on that parts list; could it have another name? If you have the exact name and part number, we will be able to research this further to see if we want to proceed with repairs.

Again, you’ve been extremely helpful, and we appreciate your assistance!
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 3:15:39 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Originally Posted by: SEC Go to Quoted Post
Many thanks, Tom, for your prompt reply! To follow up on my original post, I’m not sure we found the actual thermostat button. Before we began, we checked a variety of posts, and we chose to follow the directions which located the “reset button” between the “orange wire” connectors. In reviewing the video at the following link, it appears that the reset button may be on the little box which is last pictured–it has a red painted dot–is that the reset button? How To Fisher Paykel Dryer No Heat Repair Help F&P Dryer Experts - YouTube

Is this box the housing to which you are referring? If so (or, if not, can you describe where it is located), is that the housing in which we would find the elements? I have downloaded an “exploded” view of the “Base Panel and Components,” along with a parts list for that section of the FP Gas Dryer. I am not able to find an “element” on that parts list; could it have another name? If you have the exact name and part number, we will be able to research this further to see if we want to proceed with repairs.

Again, you’ve been extremely helpful, and we appreciate your assistance!

Oops did not realize it was gas!! Do you have an ohm meter? If not this one, will not be cut and dry. Tom
SEC  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 7:00:04 PM(UTC)
SEC

No ohm meter. Do we have a DIY way forward?

Thanks again.
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 4:36:01 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

It can be an igniter, three thermostats, a flame sensor. Without an ohm meter, it is a guessing game. Tom. Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
SEC  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 10:26:30 AM(UTC)
SEC

Thanks, Tom

We may be able to borrow (or invest in) an ohm meter. Given the possible culprits you mentioned, can you advise how to best check them? As I mentioned in an earlier post, we have a printout of the "Base Panel and Components," along with another page listing all of the parts associated with the schematic page. We've viewed the following YouTube video which shows the use of an ohm meter, so it looks as though the checking isn't difficult (if we can easily access the possibilities you mentioned: igniter, thermostats and flame sensor).
SEC  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 10:27:28 AM(UTC)
SEC

(Forgot to include the site for the video I mentioned)
Dryer Heating Element Testing - YouTube
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply