Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
A_Reed  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:36:42 AM(UTC)
A_Reed

Groups: Registered

I have received an error code E47 from my front load washer after it failed to complete a cycle leaving my load soaking wet.

I opened the lid and found the trouble shooting guide. I followed it for my error code and came up with two possibilities.

a.) The door lock mechanism.
I pulled this off first and tested it with a multimeter and got a reading of around 1500 Ohms. According to the troubleshooting guide this is a proper reading. This being the case the manual points to a bad computer.

b.) The computer control panel.
I have purchased and replaced this part based on part (a) supposedly being in working condition. I plugged in the washer and attempted another load and I received another E47 after it failed to spin off.

What else could be causing this problem? I have spent a good chunk of change on that computer thinking it would work, without being able to recover the cost on a return. Could I be wrong in thinking that the lock mechanism was a working part if it reads 1500 Ohms.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.