Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
incagirl  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2007 10:09:48 PM(UTC)
incagirl

Groups: Registered

I have a hirundo combo washer/dryer. For some reason it never gets much water in it. It may be that I have low water pressure, or perhaps there is some kind of level stop that happens when the water reaches a certain level. I've been adding water by hand from a bucket (through the soap dispenser), and it works great, but it's a pain! Is there anyway to fix the machine so it will allow more water in? I'm pretty hand with a screwdriver and can find my way around detailed directions, but I'm not at all familiar with the inside of the machine.:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

misterfixall  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2007 8:55:25 AM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

does this machine roll up to kitchen sink? if so how is water pressure coming out of faucet ?is it slow or normal ?do you have both hot +cold turned on? this machine maybe time filled, if it fills too slowly it may run out of time.+start tumbling with existing water. are you saying clothes are not washing properly unless you add water. or you decided that ?
incagirl  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2007 5:11:49 PM(UTC)
incagirl

Groups: Registered

yes, you roll it up to your sink then attach the hose... it drains into the sink. if i don't add water, the clothes get wet, then just roll around against each other but there's only a tiny bit of water in the bottom of the drum. even with a second rinse, they are still dirty... if i add water, they are fine. i did discover that it will keep adding water after a few rotations until it "thinks" it has enough, but if i add water right away, it won't stop and add more, which makes me think it has some kind level stop.

in general, the water pressure in this house is not good (old house).. though it's enough to take a shower if you have a good shower head and remove the piece that allows it to conserve water. i can't tell if it's timed, if it has to do with the weight of the clothes plus water... or if it has to do with a level. it never has a problem draining out all the water. it also doesn't seem to matter if i have on both hot and cold water, or only cold, or only hot. i leave the setting on "warm" since that allows water to flow in both hoses... and i control the temp by only turning on hot, or cold, or both.

thanks for your help! chris