Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Leasahh  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 8:37:34 AM(UTC)
Leasahh

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher will not begin cycle. Everything looks as it usually does. Push button for Normal Wash then Start button, hear a click (like a latch locking, or attempting to) and then nothing. Usually, it would start right up with the sound of the cycle beginning and water coming into the unit. My owner's manual is pretty useless for trouble shooting. The only possible idea it gave me is that the latch (which it does not identify or show the location of) might need to be replaced if the cylce is not starting. Lights are on when you press buttons on the front control panel, the unit is getting power. Breaker in the home box is not tripped or blown. Water is on and no leaks detected. I haven't opened up the machine yet. I need to look at one of the repair manuals, but thought I would check here for recommendations on possible causes. Thanks is advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 6:10:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing I would do is check the door switch for continuity (#803 on the diagram)

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE GSD6200G00BB | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Leasahh  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 8:10:55 AM(UTC)
Leasahh

Hi and thank you for the response. I opened the panel and all the parts of the door switch move appropriately when I hit the start button on the cycle. I guess my next step is to test the varous parts with a meter to ensure continuity in the latch, motor, etc.....
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 5:08:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yes, there is not possible to perform any troubleshooting on electric parts without a multimeter.

Gene.
unitedtas  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 2:11:27 PM(UTC)
unitedtas

I had the same problem and unplugging and re-plugging it in fixed it. Hope that helps you. Also make sure you don't accidentally have the panel lock engaged - holding down "heated fry" for 3 seconds engages and disengages the lock.

Rod
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply