Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
csnow  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:30:24 AM(UTC)
csnow

Groups: Registered

The shocks were broken and dislodged a connector from the speed control board. I put it back blind and got it in wrong, blew the main board. Replaced (from appliancepartspro). now that I have the speed control board out and looking at, the J#'s for the connector parts don't match the wiring diagram. Diagram has J1, J3, J5. J1 is on the printed circuit board BUT, the J5 connector was plugged in (this is good). J1 was plugged into the side of the speed control board (also good). I need to plug in J3 which has 5 wires. Across the top of the board, J1 is used and I have J2 and J3. J2 has 5 spots for connections, J3 has 7. I'm pretty sure I already tried J3 (what the wiring diagram calls for) and blew the main board. I'm gun shy to try J2. Would like some confirmation that it goes in J2 From wiring, it's the red/wht/blk/blu/yel that goes in J2. Thanks. Have a spare speed board but would like to return if mine is still good.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 12:16:30 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I am going to link you to the service manual,

http://www.emaservicetips.com/p...rizontalAxisWasherSM.pdf

and on page 65 you will see that there are three connection, using J1 the neutral line, J3 which accepts inputs from the control unit and J5 which is output to the motor.

Good luck, hope this helps.
csnow  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:52:52 AM(UTC)
csnow

Thanks so very much for the manual. Looking at page 65 and the speed control board, is it possible they have J3 and J5 swapped? I'm virtually certain that my loose cable is J3, inputs from the control board and has 5 connectors and goes in slot J5. That's listed on the wiring diagram. The J5 outputs to the motor is a much larger connector and won't physically fit in the slot listed as J5. That spot on the PCB also has missing connections that match the missing c7.2 listed.

I like that the other 7 pin connector on the top edge of the PCB isn't listed. I used that before and blew the main board.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 1:04:22 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

I don't know, it's not likely that the manual has it wrong, but certainly possible.

Without a unit in front of me I cannot give you any more guidance than what the manual says, and I don't want to suggest experimentation because of what happened to you earlier with the control unit. When I replace these things I just plug in the new board the way the old board was and don't really pay much attention to the markings.

I am going to recommend you contact Electrolux customer service through their web site and get an answer from them.

Sorry not to be of more help, but without looking at the thing I am hesitant to give you any advice, like doctors our first rule is "do no harm" and "don't make things worse".

Electrolux is a good company for service, if you can get contact with a tech person you should be able to get a good answer.
csnow  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:09:39 AM(UTC)
csnow

In the end, I went with the swap of J3/J5 and installed a new speed control board. That seemed most likely. No customer service help from electrolux.

Problem solved. All the diags work right (except no reed switch, fine with new main board).

Thanks for all your help.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:12:40 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Okay, glad you got it right, don't really understand how Electrolux messed up and sorry they weren't helpful.

Thanks for the update, good luck with your machine going forward.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply