Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Deldolfan  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2011 6:35:05 AM(UTC)
Deldolfan

Groups: Registered

Looking for assistance. I have a Samsung RFG297AARS french door refrigerator that my wife had to have. Purchased in May 2009. Have had a couple of issues. About a year ago I started noticing water accumulating under the Deli drawer. At times this area would freeze and come out in a sheet. Could not find a drain in the bottom and Followed Samsungs recommondation to keep fridge at 38 degrees. According to them this unit maintains a high himidity level to keep food fresher. That didn't work and have just dealt with it. Last weekend my wife noticed the ice cream was soft. I had to head out of town and by Wednesday the unit wasn't cooling at all. Out of warrantee for everything but the sealed system. I started to diagnose it. On the label on the back shows a few self diagnosis things to do. Have attached a picture. Ran the self test and the display showed 88 88 which I assume means everything was okay. Wasn't clear on how to do the other test but I think I figured it out. What the heck is compulsion working anyway??? So I opened up the control board cover in the back and saw two boards. One evidently is the main control and the other an invertor board. There is a LED on the inverter board. Plugged the unit back in an the LED flashed in two times in multiple successions. From the lable this shows some SPM fault. Checked the connections and all apear to be intact. After a few minutes, the LED stayed on and I heard a few clicks and a damper moving. The compressor started and sounded fine, but then sounded like someone hit the brakes and slowly slowed down and stopped. Unplugged again and this time the LED flashed one time in succession. After a few minutes compressor tried to start but just sort of clunked a few times. Repeated this test and a repeat of the first example happened. Compressor never continued to run. So can either be an inverter board issue or a compressor I assume. Anyway to test further? I also pulled apart the inner panel of the fridge and saw the source of the water under the Deli tray. Comes from a drain pan under the coil inside the fridge. Area was pretty rusted. Maybe related to each other. I know if a home HVAC compressor looses charge, the coils will freeze up. Mayeb the same thing has been happening over time with the inside coils freezing up and blocking the drain. Sorry for the long message but in panic mode to get this fixed. Earliest appointment is Dec 31!!! since Samsung had released the magority of the authorized warrantee service centers. Thanks for your help in advance!
Deldolfan attached the following image(s):
IMAG1263 (Copy).jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.