Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
newj  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:46:37 PM(UTC)
newj

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SW2 washing machine. The washer started going off balance when it started the spin cycle. Sometimes it took several times of rearranging the load to get the washer to complete the cycle. I even ran it with nothing in it and was still getting the uL error code. I ran the built in diagnostics and it had the F32 and F51 codes stored in memory. I took the machine apart and made sure there wasn't anything between the inner and outer tanks. Nothing there. Next I took the rotor and stator off and made sure the the RPS was connected. I came to the conclusion that I probably needed an RPS switch. When I started putting the stator back on the washer I noticed it was cracked in two places. I believe that this could throw the tank off balance. I wanted to know if anyone out there had ever ran into this problem and if this problem would cause a uL error. :confused:

Thanks,

JW
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 12:42:47 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: newj Go to Quoted Post
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SW2 washing machine. The washer started going off balance when it started the spin cycle. Sometimes it took several times of rearranging the load to get the washer to complete the cycle. I even ran it with nothing in it and was still getting the uL error code. I ran the built in diagnostics and it had the F32 and F51 codes stored in memory. I took the machine apart and made sure there wasn't anything between the inner and outer tanks. Nothing there. Next I took the rotor and stator off and made sure the the RPS was connected. I came to the conclusion that I probably needed an RPS switch. When I started putting the stator back on the washer I noticed it was cracked in two places. I believe that this could throw the tank off balance. I wanted to know if anyone out there had ever ran into this problem and if this problem would cause a uL error. :confused:

Thanks,

JW

JW,

The "cracked" stator and the sensor are the cause of the "uL' code. Replace them both at this point.

Part number: AP5306946

Part number: AP4327312

and make sure you do not overtighten the stator or sensor kit screws and bolts. Make sure the washer is level in both directions, and the feet/legs are locked in place, and you should be fine from there on out.

Thanks,
:) :) :)
newj  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 7:59:24 AM(UTC)
newj

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
JW,

The "cracked" stator and the sensor are the cause of the "uL' code. Replace them both at this point.

and make sure you do not overtighten the stator or sensor kit screws and bolts. Make sure the washer is level in both directions, and the feet/legs are locked in place, and you should be fine from there on out.

Thanks,

Thanks Joe, that's what I plan to do. I just wanted to bounce my plan off of an experienced technician that has delat with this washer before.

thanks,

Jim
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 10:10:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks Joe, that's what I plan to do. I just wanted to bounce my plan off of an experienced technician that has delat with this washer before.

thanks,

Jim

Jim, Glad we could help you out. Just remember, when you're putting things back, tha statot is a "big" magnet. Watch the fingers and thumbs.

jojonychome  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:36:58 AM(UTC)
jojonychome

i have exactly the same issues with mine but i was getting the f1 code and f51....took the machine apart and found my stator cracked in two places as well....replaced it and still the machine is acting up at the spin cycle jumping up and down from side to side mostly on the left front area,,,,dont know what to check next thought this was gonna solve my problem...anyone else out there got any ideas
newj  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2012 8:03:12 AM(UTC)
newj

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
JW,

Thanks,

I replaced the stator and the kit but it made no difference with the uL code. It got rid of the F51 error but the waher bangs all over the place in the last 12 minutes of the cycle when it is trying to spin. I have ran it with clothes and completely empty. I get the same results. I double checked to make sure the washer was completely level. What mechanism keeps the tank balanced? What should I do next?

Thanks,

Jim
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 5:59:22 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I replaced the stator and the kit but it made no difference with the uL code. It got rid of the F51 error but the waher bangs all over the place in the last 12 minutes of the cycle when it is trying to spin. I have ran it with clothes and completely empty. I get the same results. I double checked to make sure the washer was completely level. What mechanism keeps the tank balanced? What should I do next?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,
You'll need to check the "tub struts" , They may be worn, dirty or dry

Part number: AP4355683
Part number: AP4355683

Remove the spin basket

Part number: AP4501393
Part number: AP4501393

and check the white plastic areas for cracks, leaks etc. also shake the tub, you should hear a "sloshing" noise, if the liquid balance ring is still intact.

And check the drive hub assembly

Part number: AP3892170
Part number: AP3892170

Make sure the pins on the tub and drive hubs are not damaged, bent, or broken. If the pins don't mesh properly, this could cause the spin tub to see at and angle, or cause a "drag" on the drive system causing vibraation and an error code.

Good Luck and Thanks,
newj  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 6:57:36 AM(UTC)
newj

Thanks Joe, I'll do that. I really appreciate the feedback.

Jim
Joe / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 7:28:13 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks Joe, I'll do that. I really appreciate the feedback.

Jim

Jim, That's basically, the complete suspension system. You should find the issue somewhere in these areas, Keep in touch and let us know what you do find out.

Thanks and Good Luck,
Barney33  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:57:27 PM(UTC)
Barney33

Jim,

I have encountered the same problem as you did, just about one year later. See the attached picture for how my stator looks. My story is about the same as yours. The problem started with a F1 error code, then turned into both an F50 & F51 error code. It also had an F80 as well, but I think that was just a fluke thing. However, as you can see by my picture I have another major concern: the center of my stator hub wasn't only cracked, but also covered with a black, greasy, oily, slimy substance that I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be there?!?! My bet is that I'm on the verge of a tub bearing failure, and that this mess is coming from what is supposed to be a "sealed" bearing above it on the driveshaft. I've seen where this is another known issue with these units on various message boards on the internet. This is the only thread that I have found about the cracked stator issue though??? Either it is an uncommon failure, or others haven't looked close enough at their stators to see the cracks. All I know is that I have a unit that will not spin and I'm not 100% sure what is causing it? Please advise as to what you ended up doing to finally remedy your situation. I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Barney
Barney33 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20121124_184244_332 (Medium).jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply