Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimbo0555  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 5:20:11 PM(UTC)
jimbo0555

Groups: Registered

i have been having a problem with my washer for the last month .first i replaced the timer because the machine was not turning on or off .the timer was broken.after installing the timer the machine just filled with water on all cycles, would not stop. i later replaced the water level switch and clear hose and still no rinse or spin .the machine would agitate if i blow on the clear hose .if i stop blowing it would stop agitating and fill with water.if i manually move the dial to the rinse or spin cycle,will blowing in the hose it will not do what it suppose to do it just keep filling with water or agitate i can physically hear and see the timer moving to the next cycle but it just stops and wont spin or rinse.i also installed a jumper wire to bypass the lid switch while i was troubleshooting.i have spent to much money on the machine. do you think its something with the motor now? i hope not .please help asap,thanks :mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 5:04:09 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Jimbo

I am having a little trouble understanding how your machine is behaving.

You seem to be saying that even after replacing the water level switch, the machine will just fill with water and not agitate unless you blow into the tube? Is this correct.

If this is not correct, and the machine will go through the agitate phase please tell us exactly what happens next. Also, did jumpering the lid switch do anything for you.

If we can get a clearer picture of what is going I think we can give you some good help.

For what it's worth, based on what you have said I do not think it is the motor, but let's see what you come back with.
jimbo0555  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:36:50 PM(UTC)
jimbo0555

Groups: Registered

after replacing the water level switch the water keeps filling with water as the timer keeps moving.the only way to stop the water from filling is to blow in the clear tube from the water level switch,and then the macchine will start to agitate.if i stop blowing in the tube it will go back to filling with water.i jumpered the lid switch the end wires of the connector only.no change in function . if i manually move the dial to a certain function ,for example the rinse cycle it will not work it the timer will keep moving to the next function but will only fill with water.i hope this info.will help
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 5:11:09 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok Thanks

This is perplexing (which I gues is why you posted in the first place) since you have replaced the parts that should have been the problem.

Let's deal with the water level problem first. As you know the water level switch is pressure activated, which is why it reacts to your blowing in the tub.. Since blowing in the tube (I assume from the end that connects to the washer tub) triggers the switch, we know the problem is not an air leak in the tube. This leaves two possible areas where the problem lies.

1. Water is not getting into the tube as the tub fills because the entrance at the tub is blocked. If you operate the machine with the cabinet off you should see water enter the tube. If not, clear that area out.

2. If water is entering the tube, your replacement water level switch is not good. This is unusual, but it can happen where a replacement part is not operating correctly. In this case send it back and get another replacement (you should not have to pay for the replacement no matter where you got it from)

Anyway, do these things and let us know what you find out.

Good luck!
magician59  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 7:48:21 AM(UTC)
magician59

In agreement with sidfink43, the first thing I would check is for some obstruction at the air dome end of the water level control hose. These switches very rarely fail. I would also suggest you check the lid switch, since you already have it disconnected. Also, start to fill the machine and unplug it as it's filling, to test the inlet valve's operation. If it continues to fill after you unplug the machine, replace the valve.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply